News

Health Month Smoothing Out!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Smoothie Tasting Session

Mrs Spry and her class, with help from the PSAs, put on a Smoothie Tasting Session as part of Health Month.

The children from the ASN group make smoothies and sell them every Thursday. They choose the recipes for the smoothies that are to be put on sale and every now and then they have a change of choices. They decided that they were going to share the secrets of smoothie making with the school during Health Month and they put on two sessions on Thursday 15 May 2014. They, bravely, gave away their secrets and ‘free samples’ at a session for the upper stages and then the early stages pupils.

As a regular customer of the Smoothie Bar, I can vouch for how good they taste. My favourite from the last recipes was the blueberry one but I have to say that the pineapple smoothie, from the current menu, is absolutely delicious and at 50p, a bargain. I can thoroughly recommend them as a healthy option.

…..and the feedback from the people I spoke to at the tasting session was very positive and complimentary with many going back to try a different flavour.

Thank you Mrs Spry, pupils and PSAs.