News

Primary 3B Produce Rainforests in a Box!

In fairness to Mr Nicoll’s class, they invited me to judge their Rainforests in a Box before I saw Miss MacAulay’s class’ Aquaria in a Box but I forgot I had these lovely photographs on my phone.

Mr Nicoll’s Primary 3 class has been studying rainforests in their topic time. They decided to make mini-rainforests of their own as a challenge. They were given limited materials and had to produce their own rainforests while working with a partner.

There were creepers and vines, streams and insects as well as snakes and other rainforest creatures. One rainforest even had a waterfall cascading over it. It’s just as well the waterfall was made of paper or I wouldn’t have been able to lift it up to get a photograph of what lay behind it! As usual, I have made a slideshow of their efforts. Well done to all the pupils who worked collaboratively with their partner to produce some amazing mini-models!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Rights Respecting School New Logo Level 2UNCRC / RRSA

Article 29 – Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full….

Article 15 – Every child has the right to meet with other children and join groups and organisations….