News

Santa Claus Visits Riverbank Nursery!

The jingle of sleigh bells alerted me to the fact that we may have a surprise visitor in school on Wednesday afternoon. I discovered that the jingly visitor had visited in the morning too. Our visitor parked his sleigh round the back of the school and there were some reindeer chomping on some carrots which had been left out by the nursery staff.

In the nursery, the children were all settled, comfortably, on the mat and were enjoying a sing song with their friends and nursery staff. All of a sudden, the joyful singing was slowed down as the children thought they heard the sound of sleigh bells and then with a very loud, “Ho! Ho! Ho!” Santa entered the nursery. One little one could contain himself no longer and rushed over to give Santa a hug. The looks on their faces said it all! Santa asked them how they were doing and another little toot told Santa she had Skyped him just the previous night. I’m thinking maybe Santa has a dedicated elf to reply to his Skyped messages as he didn’t seem to know about Skypeing!!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I had to leave the nursery, at that point, to visit some Primary 2s but as I was leaving, each nursery pupil was receiving a ‘wee’ gift and having their photo taken with Santa.

What a lovely time they were having!

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.