News

A Great Piece of Writing & A Homemade Football!

I thought I had been a little short of some visitors this week when one of our Primary 2C girls came a calling.

Primary 2C are doing some fundraising for Kamuli Township School. They have been working with Rob from RADS and having some sponsored football. This, however, is football with difference. The children have made their own footballs. This is just as our friends in Uganda would do.

In addition to making their own footballs, the children have also participated in some literacy work where they have explained what they did to make and test and use their footballs. The young lady who came to see me had produced a beautiful piece of writing which she had, also, beautifully illustrated and she carried with her her homemade ball. She was very eager to talk to me about everything the class had been doing and I was delighted to find out about what she and her classmates had been up to.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Primary 2C has worked very hard and, so far, the class has raised £130. I am eager to find out how they would like to use their money to help our friends in Uganda.

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 28 – Every child has a right to an education…