News

A Jiu-Jitsu Wider Achiever

This Primary 3 young lady is a student at the Aberdeen Combat Centre where she has been learning Jiu-Jitsu for some time now. She came to tell me of her successful visit to a Jiu-Jitsu competition in Dundee. She ‘rolled’ with a World Champion and against another student of Jiu-Jitsu and was proud to show me the medal she received for being placed second. What a great achievement!! (Rolling is the Jiu-Jitsu term for a bout or a fight.)

“My Jiu-Jitsu is fun and I really like my coach, Craig. I like knowing that I can protect myself and when I was away I enjoyed being able to ‘roll’ with a World Champion! I am looking forward to a Jiu-Jitsu Takedown in Aberdeen quite soon.”

Well done! You are making excellent progress with your Jiu-Jitsu. It’s great that you enjoy challenging yourself, so successfully, in competitions. Keep up the good work!

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 29 – Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full….

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.