News

Scottish Book Week!

Some of my favourite books – two of them, Goal! and The Duck With No Luck are in rhyme.

I do love a good book and we all have different tastes. Me, I prefer murder mysteries, thrillers and spy novels whereas some of my colleagues prefer biographies and auotobiographies and that’s just for starters. Even our very young pupils enjoy a good book, especially if it’s read to them. I remember having to read and do all the voices when I read for my children…..pirate ones were particularly painful for me but they just loved it. Ooooh Arrrr me lads!

The Scottish Book Trust are celebrating Scottish Book Week from Monday 15th November to Sunday 21st November. As part of their annual celebrations Primary 2 and Primary 3 children will receive a book bag called Read, Write & Count. In the bag there are books, games and activities to carry out.

A letter has been sent, by GroupCall, to all P2 & P3 parents/carers with further information about the contents of the book bag.

There is, also, a parents’ guide for the Book Bags and I have included the link so that you can use the guide to help gain full enjoyment from the Read, Write and Count books and activities.

RWC parent guide P3 2021

We hope that the children get lots of enjoyment from their bags of books when they eventually arrive!

UNCRC – RRSA

Article 28 – Every child has the right to an education…..

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.