News

Frosty Hands

This morning (Wednesday morning) I’m sure we all woke up to quite a thick frost. In fact it was a ‘hairy’ frost. It took a long time to clear my windscreen before setting off to school. It was much the same in Tillydrone and the Riverbank School grounds when I got in.

Even by break times the frost had shown little sign of lifting. Well wrapped up children were having a great time outside at break. So much fun was being had in the crisp air. Even furniture in the playground became focal points for fun. Just see what some children enjoyed during break time.

It’s true what they say about simple things often providing most fun. Through this the children can discuss what causes frost, the different types of frost, how and why their hand leaves its mark, the importance of water and its freezing point and why some animals have difficulty getting water in the winter time. The list of educational discussion points from a simple thing like frost on a table are numerous but all very valid and relevant.

My thanks to one of our PSAs for taking such a super photograph!

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 28 – Every child has the right to an education…..

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.