News

Gymnastics and Dancing Share the Floor for our Wider Achievers!

Our P6 Gymnastics Champion

This Primary 6 young lady is proudly displaying the medals which she won at a national gymnastics competition held in Edinburgh on the weekend of 28 and 29 September.

She is a member of the Beacon Rhythmic Gymnastics Club where she trains on a weekly basis.

She received a silver medal for her hoop work which she performed to a medley of songs from the film Aladdin. The songs were Friend Like Me, Whole New World and Arabian NIghts.

For her gold medal she participated in a trio which performed floor gymnastics to Putting on the Ritz.

She tells me she really enjoys her gymnastics as it gives her the opportunity to work on her own or as part of a group.

Keep up the hard work and I’m sure we’ll see you have further success in your gymnastics. Congratulations!

Our second Wider Achiever is a young lady from Primary 2.

Our little lady brought along the most amazing trophy to let me see. She won this trophy at a dancing competition in Greenock. She was dancing as part of the Dance United dance school. She is a freestyle dancer and performed both a fast and a slow routine but her winning routine was the slow one. She practises on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday and has been dancing since she was 2½ years old.

“I just love dancing and I’ve made lots of friends. I enjoy going to my dance classes on a Tuesday and Wednesday after school and Saturday morning.” Mum says that her daughter is just a little diva!

You are making excellent progress in your dancing and are due to go to another competition this weekend. We wish you luck and hope that you make further progress and have further success!

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 29 – Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full…..

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.