News

Another Dancing Wider Achiever!

It seems to be a very busy time for our pupils who are participating in out of school activities. I had another young lady visit me to tell me all about her success in dancing.

Our winner with a beautiful Gold Cat brooch.

She came along with a very unusual award for coming first at her dance competition…it was the most beautiful gold cat. The cat looked very like a ‘Kelly’s Cat’. These cats are synonymous with the Aberdeen architect, William Kelly. You could see his cats spaced along Union Bridge. The gold cat was in the form of a brooch. A really splendid and unusual award.

Our dancer was so proud of her achievement and told me that she had competed in Peterhead and she had had to learn a particularly difficult dance.

Our winner from the Aviemore competition with a very tall trophy!

‘Last week I took part in a dance competition in Peterhead. I danced a difficult dance and the dance teacher awarded me a first as I did so well. I am now at Level 5 and am very proud of my achievement.’

It’s always good to hear of how well our pupils are doing in their out of school activities and we hope that this young lady continues to make good progress with her dancing. Well done, keep up the good work!

I was also revisited by one of our previous Achievers who had been successful at another dancing competition. This time she had been successful at a gathering of dancers in Aviemore. The trophy which she won was bigger than she was! Well done, young lady, and keep this up!

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 29 – Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full…..

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.