The Link Room Dragon!!!

I was invited to go and see what Mrs Smith’s class had produced from an empty box!

This unexpected project started out as a very large empty box which was to be used as a stimulus for writing ‘What Could it Be’ ?

Lots of ideas were suggested by the children but the final decision was that the box would be a ‘dragon hidey hole’

It was painted and glued and the final product is indeed a dragon hidey hole. The hidey hole was disguised as a dragon.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The writing task and everything which went alongside it covered the following outcomes from the Curriculum for Excellence!

I have the opportunity to choose and explore a range of media and technologies to create images and objects, discovering their effects and suitability for specific tasks. EXA 1-02a

I can present my writing in a way that will make it legible and attractive for my reader, combining words, images and other features. LIT 1-24a

And as far as the

UNCRC / RRSA is concerned, the following articles are relevant.

Article 28 – Every child gas the right to an education…..

Article 29 – Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full…..

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.

I was most impressed with how well the team worked together to make their dragon hidey hole but the writing which went alongside was impressive, too. Well done everyone!