News

Coming Face to Face with Yourself

You’re never sure what you might come across in your travels around the city as this young man found out from a friend of his dad’s.

Our P4 pupil with his photo on the front of the ‘What’s On’ guide to the Art Gallery. He is celebrating a goal on the shoulders of his dad!

As I’m sure we’re all aware, the Aberdeen Art Gallery has recently reopened following a huge refurbishment. Among the exhibitions on display at the Gallery at the moment is a collection of photographs by Martin Parr entitled Think of Scotland.

One of our Primary 4 pupils was amazed to find himself, not only as part of the exhibition but also on the front cover of the Gallery Magazine.

He was photographed along with his father and uncle at a football match at Pittodrie.

A family friend had let dad know of their fame and our young pupil was delighted to go and see himself in the exhibition. I am reliably informed that the photograph is huge – “It’s bigger than your door, Mrs Baxter!” he delighted in telling me.

Wow….it must be some size!

As Andy Warhol said…everyone will have their 15 minutes of fame! I must visit the Gallery to see the exhibition myself and tell everyone that I know the people in the photo!

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.