News

Missing School But Not Missing Schooling!

Just a wee post to keep in touch with our website watchers!

We have been missing for a while as we were having dreadful IT problems but hopefully we’re over the worst of that now.

By now we would hope that the vast majority of Riverbank’s pupils will have accessed their very own Google Classrooms. Your teachers have been working hard posting work for you in your classrooms. Just about everyone was given login details before school closed last Friday. If you don’t have login details, then you can contact us on the school e-mail address.

It’s been super to see so many children accessing the Google Classroom, not just to keep up with some work but also to keep in touch with each other in an internet safe environment. Some of the teachers have a sign in sheet and they ask you to sign in or register when you enter the class. If you are having difficulty, then please comment to your teacher or get a parent to ask for help for you, if required. Remember, keeping in touch is important.

Apart from your own class teacher, Mr Dawson has posted some music activities, Mrs Henderson is keeping you up-to-date with French, Mrs Campbell is right there with RME and Miss Moreton has posted some mindfulness activities for you.

In addition, Mrs Jamieson, Mrs Proctor and Mrs Carr are all helping out with the pupils they usually work with.

I have been into my classes on a daily basis and it’s been great to chat with some of you. I have been impressed with some of the work you are doing and with the ideas of your teachers. I’ve even seen a video lesson on coin recognition, by Mr Flanagan. He had a rather lazy assistant with him….Skye! She did a little miaowing and purring but didn’t seem keen to be very active! I’m sure Mr Flanagan’s pupils will do better than Skye!

Sadly, seeing into virtual classrooms doesn’t help me keep up with my 10,000 steps a day. It’s just not the same as ‘walking’ round the classrooms at Riverbank!

Unfortunately, I can’t see into all the classes but, perhaps, Miss Hampton will be able to tell me what’s going on in the P5-7 classes. I believe the P7 classes have been very busy.

I know that Miss Howarth has posted a video story or two and Mrs Innes will have some news for me on the P1 and Nursery classes.

Mrs Smith has been doing her daily workout with Joe Wicks. It’s taking her until lunchtime to recover!! Maybe I need to take up this activity as an alternative to ‘walking’ round the classes!

Mrs Ironside has sent out information via Groupcall and there are lots of websites available for extra activities which can be carried out at home.

Finally, I hope everyone is keeping themselves indoors, as much as possible, and that we’re all following the advice we have been given about preventing the spread of Covid19.

Keep safe everyone!

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 3 – The best interests of the child must be a top priority in all things that affect children.

Article 24 – Every child has the right to the best possible health. Governments must work to provide good quality health care …..

Article 28 – Every child has the right to an education.

Article 31 – Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.