News

TechFest Revisited!

I am very fortunate to have so many staff members who send me information and articles for the school website and we are able to keep you all up-to date with the ‘goings on’ at Riverbank. There is a bit of pressure to ensure that all the information which comes my way is posted to the website. I have a confession! I was emptying out a computer folder and I came across a super selection of photos which had been taken at TechFest. I have arranged these in a slideshow for you to enjoy and so that our pupils don’t feel left out.

There are bridge builders, volunteers at Supermarket Science and scientists at work with light. A truly fascinating mixture. Enjoy the slideshow.

First, Supermarket Science, where all the experiments could be carried out using things you can buy, would you believe, at the supermarket!!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Next, they seem to have been left in the dark finding out about light.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

And finally..our bridge building engineers built their bridge in a fraction of the time it’s taken to build the Third Don Crossing!!! The class worked in two teams; the white and the green. Each team was responsible for one side of the bridge and the two teams had to meet in the middle. They had to get things just right or the bridge wouldn’t join. You’ll see how well they did in their slideshow.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.