News

Primaries 1-3 Sharing Assembly

This morning, Friday 13 November 2017, was the turn of our Early Stages pupils to share their learning with parents, carers, relatives and friends.

It’s just as well we decided to make our Sharing Assemblies a two part affair as we, most certainly, would not have had room for everyone in the hall for this presentation. Not only did we have to move all the children forward in the hall but we had to move the parents forward too, to make room for everyone to get in. My goodness! What a huge turn out of parents we had.

The children, ably supported by staff, put on a great show for the whole audience.

We heard about phonics and sang some song. We had five ducklings and ten green bottles. We had poetry writing, some fantastic art work and craft work and communal singing…..oh and much, much more.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Primary 1G and Primary 1S entertained us with some of their Jolly Phonic jingles. I managed to grab a short video. Click on the link to hear them sing!

I did say that after last week’s Sharing Assembly for middle and upper stages that I was really looking forward to seeing the work of the early stages and they didn’t disappoint me. The hard work and effort put in by all pupils and staff was there for everyone to see. I hope everyone heads off for a lovely holiday and some rest, now! ………But don’t forget…Christmas is in the offing!

UNCRC / RRSA

Article 28 – Every child has the right to an education….

Article 29 – Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full